a Dream Job to Nightmare. PAINS: Part 1

After writing about the Sagara! Reborn, I thought I could have made writing my hubby. Man this shoe is hard to fit. I enjoy reading people's crispy posts which tickles like a thunderstorm, I wonder how they make money from writing. When am sweating hard thinking of what to write, someone somewhere is thinking smart like a smart phone.

One day they gave me a terrible experience just as I thought my hustles with Job hunting are over, in my desperacy to get a job after campus and have my own life the way I want. The unbelievable happened, a beautiful well dressed smart lady appeared, this was like a heavenly sent opportunity. She came walking straight to me, as I sip my ice cold coca cola at Sab Restaurant.
I know you all remember Sab Restaurant, that spot in Kampala where all wedding meetings take place. It's hard to understand some of the meetings but you could join any and have a free drink at the end.

My heart was all unsettled until this lady said "Hi" walai paka saa yi, I still couldn't believe she was speaking to me, she looked like a lady from the statehouse or from some kinda a real rich family, I thought to myself, have I been greeted by an angel's daughter? Some friend once told me, a lady as beautiful as a queen appeared in that restaurant and paid the bills for everyone.

I thought it was my opportunity today, after walking from Ka Tula Road paka Mbuya hills, through the railway line to Kasanga knocking office doors looking for any job opportunity. Sometimes I felt my shoe couldn't take my weight anymore, it could complain of over walking but it forgot that am actually walking hard to work hard just to replace it and give it away.

As I was lost in thoughts trying to respond to the simple "Hi" my brain had already ran to Dubai to London via Paris to New York via Tokyo enjoying the summer and splashing money. Finally i did respond "Hi" but she kept the conversation on. Just like a rich kid, she was straight to the point and in a polite way she asked for my phone number "May I please have your phone number?" I began severing and shaking, i almost failed to speak but I got the nerves and read out my UTL line. You know UTL was hot those days, with a ka 1000/= was enough for free UTL to UTL calls for 1 Week from 8pm to 6am, something a poor me could afford. Instead of saying thanks, she irritated me by asking whether I don't have a Warid line, damn it! UTL users were much richer than Warid guys, who where using 500/= for 1 week.

I was annoyed but she finally left, I got weird thoughts about why she took my number but she called me the next day and informed me, she had recommended my name for a job in Hoima/Masindi, the people will call me the next day to start the job ASAP, I must not say no but be ready for work. She told me the job is readily available, I should do exactly as she she has instructed and that I should look for some transport and little accommodation of like a month since am going to start earning after a month

As poor as I am, I had to look for money from friends and family, informed my relatives and friends about the job opportunity. They lend me some money which I had promised to pay back after I start earning. Cutting long story short, I got some Money, boarded from Kampala to Masindi, I was told to sleep at M*** Hotel, paid for night at this luxurious hotel waiting to meet my New boss the following day. I know you know the feeling of a new job, the anxiety was more than getting a news from your girlfriend that she is pregnant with your baby.

I was kinda already regretting the expenses at the hotel, my money couldn't afford even a meal, leave alone even 5 fingers of potato chips not even a 300ml coke, this was way beyond my standard of life in Kamokya where a plate of food in the kafunda is shared by 6 people and we pay 200/= each as contributions to the one plate. But at least I really manged to swim in their pool, I applied all the swimming strokes I learnt in my childhood days from Apa River in Koboko.

By 5am, I was already awake having dreamt about the Bugatti I was driving, the Castle I had built just after 1 year of working at this new company. At 7:30am, I got the unbelievable call from a lady who introduced herself as Executive Director MDDD company and Manager, guess what the Manager was for? Hmmmm Gwtcwwwww argrrrrr. Am I dreaming or it's a nightmare

I felt fooled, abused, cursed, dull, brainless, a real real stupid idiot. I felt and wondered what did my great great great grand parents do for me to deserve this? What had my dad done or some kinda man or woman is practicing witchcraft on me. I even thought it's that high school ex girlfriend I chucked.

If you know what a dumb head looks like, let's continue with this nonsense another day. I hope my Malaria clears off, I go do better things 😂😂😂😂😂

Follow Me On

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a God given talent - SMOKING WEED